Thursday, February 25, 2010

still longing for...

these booties.
not sure why.
maybe because I found out my dear friend KS has the suede ones.
maybe because they are beautiful and practical
maybe because I struggle being content with the outrageous amount of blessings that God has showered over my life.  I have way too much.  Don't deserve any of it.
This quote is so true.
I'm without booties.  I'm without a Longchamp tote.  I'm without a sparkly Burberry cap.  I'm without a macbook.  I'm without genuine, non-material, desires of my heart.
and that's fine.

“Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the LORD;

trust in him…

7 Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him…”

Psalm 37:4-5, 7

I don't think God cares about booties...I know He doesn't care about Longchamp totes (they are mostly plastic.  hahah)  I do know that He provided for me a perfectly imperfect husband and allowed me to work in the place I desired to work for 2 years. Yesterday, I picked out new paint colors (originals were rejected)...I used to think I wouldn't be able to paint until we bought a house or condo but now, while I don't get to actually paint, I will have painted walls!!!!

He knows my desires...and He cares for them.  He will take care of the other things that really matter too...probably not the booties...but you never know.

bootie photo: jcrew.com

No comments:

Post a Comment