Tuesday, October 29, 2013

crock pot French dip sandwiches.

When life gets busy, I turn to my crock pot.  I made this recipe last night and changes it from a 12 hour oven cook time to an easy crock pot meal.  It turned out great.  It also pleased my tired, hardworking, hungry man very much.  Reagan helped me with the entire meal, from the easy prep in the morning to shredding the meat before dinner. I love cooking with my little lady.  Enjoy. 

crock pot french dip sandwiches
2 rump or chuck roasts
4 onions, quartered 
4 carrots
8 cloves of pressed garlic
beef bouillon or stock
Put the roast in the crock pot and fill the pot with water (or stock) until the roast is half-way covered.  Top with big chunks of onions and carrots (you'll remove them later), minced garlic, and a couple cubes or tsp of beef boullion (if you didn't use stock). Set crock pot to low for 6-7 hours.
Drain out amazing juices for the "au juice" into a large bowl and shred up the meat, removing any large pieces of fat.  Toss carrots or eat them...if you like mushy, salty carrots (no thanks)!  Makes 10-12 sandwiches.
               

Serve with your favorite roll and a ramekin of au juice.  We also added the cooked onions to our sandwiches--delicious!  
recipe adapted from the kitchen of Mary Ahrendt 

No comments:

Post a Comment