prefold with bummis cover over it.
photos used with permission from greenmountaindiapers.
why am i cloth diapering? i had intentions of writing this long, informative masterpiece post about my journey to this decision but i still haven't finished it so i will sum it up with bullets in the order of how it came about:
- i was cloth diapered
- i thought it would save me thousands of dollars
- gwynnie worked at a store that sold cloth diapers and gave me amazing information
- i did tons of research. like days worth.
- i realized that because we pay for our laundry by the load it will only save us a couple hundred dollars for our first babe ($1000+ for babies # 2, # 3...etc. so we decided it was still worth it!)
- cloth diapers are adorable and amazing for my babies bottom (i.e. no chlorine/chemicals that are not allowed to be in feminine products but are pumped in to disposable diapers)
- it takes 500 years for 1 diaper to degrade in a landfill. and let's face it. i'm somewhat of a crunchy con.
- i hear that with SOME cloth diapers/babies you will have less blow outs and less diaper rash. i am not depending on this 'hearsay' but hoping it will be true for me & little d!!!
prowrap over prefold for the newborn stage.
fuzzibunz all-in-one (can be used from 10 lbs. to potty training)
bum genius 3.0 all in one (can be used all the way through as well!)
i have never changed a cloth diaper. i don't even think i have seen a baby wearing one in real life. this could be awful...however, i have committed to it and am ready for the challenge!
God bless your weekend :)