Thursday, February 28, 2013

their names.

As a teenager and maybe even before, I would doodle the names of my future children on the back page of my journal. I have always wanted to be a mom and I don't ever remember a time where I didn't hope for a big family. Now I have almost a van full. God is good. Yes, 2 weeks in, I still want more! And yes, I now drive a minivan. I also still doodle names in the back of my journal. Dreaming of all the name possibilities for twins was so fun. Here is the reasoning behind the names of our double blessings.

Ellen: meaning light. In honor of my maternal grandmother Rosalie Ellen and my joke-loving, beautiful friend, Ellen, from Hillsdale.

Grace: meaning favor; blessing. In honor of Joseph's sister, Grace.

James: meaning supplanter. In honor of Joseph's maternal grandfather in heaven, James Holiday.

Valutis: last name of Greek descent. In honor of my maternal grandfather in heaven, Ronald Valutis.

No comments:

Post a Comment