Wednesday, July 28, 2010

comfort food.

When returning home from MI, we walked in to a perfectly clean home, with beautiful flowers in all the right places, and our favorite foods and drinks (not just the basics..our favorite ice cream from Sebastian Joe's, JD's treasured cracklin' oat bran, a full bag of frozen mahi mahi, mango apricot greek yogurt from TJ's, beer, wine, Izze for me :), freshly baked brownies) stalked perfectly in the fridge...as well as the most yummy lasagna ready to toss in the oven and meals planned for the days ahead.  ***If you are sick of your traditional lasagna recipe try this one.

It was overwhelming, shocking, distracting, gave me goosebumps and joy after one of the hardest weeks of my life...thank you, thank you so much friends and sister.  This beautiful act of service that I was blessed with is a picture of this verse:

2 Corinthians 1:3-4
"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have recieved."

I haven't been the best comforter, but through this God is teaching me how to be a better servant to Him and the people I love.

Thank you Lord that...

A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, are You, God in your holy dwelling. (Psalm 68:5)

You, O God, will never leave me or forsake me (Heb 13:5)
I will cling to the one thing I will never lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment