Monday, June 7, 2010

the best smoothie.

For my birthday we went to Chino Latino--and while everyone else liked the food...the smells were a little hard for me to handle.  I indulged in "no thank you portions" and enjoyed my non-alcoholic pinapple smoothie.  Enjoyed is an understatement.  I have been thinking about it ever since then.  Last night I tried to copy it.  I attempt to recreate restuarant creations a lot...I have NEVER succeeded like I did last night.  I didn't measure so it might not ever be the same....but it will still be really good. 

You should try it!!

One large handful of frozen mangos (slightly defrosted)
One large handful of frozen pineapple (slightly defrosted)
2 frozen bananas broken up in a couple of pieces
1/2ish cup of coconut water
1/3ish cup of orange juice
1ish cup of plain yogurt
A good amount of raw honey...JD poured it in...maybe like 3 tbsps?
(It was pretty sweet...I think 1-2 tbsp honey would be plenty)

Blend together in a blender and enjoy :)

If you can't digest dairy I think you could make a great (probably less thick) version substituting coconut water and yogurt with coconut milk.  HOWEVER...I will say that I used to be lactose intolerant and my mom cured me by feeding me tons of yogurt.  It brought my stomach back to normal with all the bacteria and I have been able to eat dairy like it's my job for 5 years.

PS:  Coconut water is like a natural gatorade...lots of electrolytes.  It is also full of potassium so it helps prevent cramping.

No comments:

Post a Comment